Photo Assignment 1, People

For this first week of shooting, I choose People to help build a foundation of using composition on the human body, and learning how to "manipulate" people to set up a photo exactly how I desired it.


Image Triangle
F-stop-3.9
Shutter Speed- 1/320
Iso-80 (AWB)






Summary: Looking back, a lot was learned in this assignment. In terms of composition, I realized lighting is key in making the images pop. I used several cameras that ranged in hardware specs, and even the higher end ones took lesser photos when in low light. Light is definitely the defining factor in producing quality photos. Aside from composition, I learned how to manipulate my subject ( the person). Obviously being verbal was key, but communicating extensively was only one half. Once I commanded y subject into position, I had to get them to look at the camera, so I told them to follow my finger. That easily helped me lineup their eyes, and indirectly, their head. Lastly, for my more artistic photos, I just talked to my subject and let them continue whatever tasks they were doing. It really helped them be less rigid by calming them and putting more focus on the conversation than picture taking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment 5 - Grammy Night Special

Assignment 3 Macro

Assignment 2 - Food